|Dept:||Milgard School of Business|
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, 1994.
Dr. Purdy is a founding faculty member of the Milgard School of Business. She served as director of the MBA program from 2000-2005 and currently serves as Academic Director of the Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility.
Management and Organizational Theory
- PURDY, J. M. and Gray, B. (forthcoming 2009). Conflicting Logics, Mechanisms of Diffusion, and Multilevel Dynamics in Emerging Institutional Fields. Academy of Management Journal.
- Thompson, T. and JILL M. PURDY (forthcoming 2009). When a Good Idea Isn't Enough: Curricular Innovation as a Political Process. Academy of Management Learning and Education.
- Thompson, T., PURDY, J. M. and Summers, D. B. (2008). A Five Factor Framework for Coaching Middle Managers. Organization Development Journal, 26(3): 63-72.
- Louie, B. Y., Drevdahl, D., PURDY, J. M. and Stackman, R. W. (2003). Advancing the scholarship of teaching through collaborative self-study. Journal of Higher Education, 74(2): 150-171.
- PURDY, J. M. (2001). The Process of Business/Environmental Collaborations: Partnering for Sustainability by Alissa J. Stern with Tim Hicks, Quorum Books. Journal of Political Ecology, 8.
- PURDY, J. M. (2000). The role of third parties in county dispute resolution. Public Administration Quarterly, 24(3): 320-337.
- PURDY, J. M., Nye, P. and Balakrishnan, P.V. (2000). The impact of media richness on negotiation outcomes. International Journal of Conflict Management, 11(2): 163-188.
- Thompson, T., PURDY, J. M. and Fandt, P. M. (1997). Building a strong foundation: Computer simulations and introductory management. Journal of Management Education, 21(3): 418-434.
- PURDY, J. M. and Gray, B. (1994). Government agencies as mediators in public policy conflicts. International Journal of Conflict Management, 5(2): 158 180.
Community and institutional influences on business social practices and corporate social responsibility, Collaboration and conflict resolution
- PURDY, J. M. and Tracy Thompson. Agency and Innovation in Institutionalized Environments.
- PURDY, J. M. Power in Collaborative Rulemaking Processes: Rewriting the Rules for US Hydroelectric Project Licensing.
- PURDY, J. M., Neill, S. and Alexander, E. The impact of Institutional Context on Business Social Practices.
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholar, 2005
- Nominee for UW Tacoma Distinguished Teaching Award (2007, 2002 and 1997)
- Best Paper Award, International Association for Conflict Management (1992)
- Outstanding Doctoral Student Teacher, Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University (1992)
- Academy of Management
- International Association for Conflict Management
- Editorial Board, Negotiation and Conflict Management Journal
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Journal