|Dept:||Milgard School of Business|
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, 1994.
Dr. Purdy is a founding faculty member of the Milgard School of Business. She served as director of the MBA program from 2000-2005 and currently serves as Academic Director of the Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility.
Management and Organizational Theory
- Gray, B. & PURDY, J. M. (Forthcoming, 2013). Conflict in cross sectoral partnerships. In M. Seitanidi & A. Crane (Eds.) Social Partnerships and Responsible Business: A Research Handbook. London: Routledge.
- PURDY, J. M. (2012). A framework for assessing power in collaborative governance processes. Public Administration Review. 72(3): 409-417.
- PURDY, J. M. and Lawless, J. (2012). Learning about governance through nonprofit board service. Journal of Management Education. 36(1): 33-65.
- PURDY, J. M. (2011). Negotiation approaches: Claiming and creating value. In M. Benoliel (Ed.) Negotiation Excellence: Successful Deal Making (pp. 57-78). Singapore: World Scientific.
- PURDY, J. M., Alexander, E. and Neill, S. (2010). The impact of national institutional context on social responsibility: Comparing Finnish and U.S. business communities. European Journal of International Management, 4(3): 234-256.
- PURDY, J. M. and Gray, B. (2009). Conflicting logics, mechanisms of diffusion, and multilevel dynamics in emerging institutional fields. Academy of Management Journal, 52(2): 355-380.
- Thompson, T. & PURDY, J. M. Purdy (2009). When a good idea isn't enough: Curricular innovation as a political process. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 8(2): 188-207.
- PURDY, J. M. (2000). The role of third parties in county dispute resolution. Public Administration Quarterly, 24(3): 320-337.
- PURDY, J. M., Nye, P. and Balakrishnan, P.V. (2000). The impact of media richness on negotiation outcomes. International Journal of Conflict Management, 11(2): 163-188.
- Thompson, T., PURDY, J. M. and Fandt, P. M. (1997). Building a strong foundation: Computer simulations and introductory management. Journal of Management Education, 21(3): 418-434.
- PURDY, J. M. and Gray, B. (1994). Government agencies as mediators in public policy conflicts. International Journal of Conflict Management, 5(2): 158 180.
The development of social enterprises, Institutional influences on business social practices, and Cross-sector collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Thompson, T., PURDY, J. M., Kaghan, W. and Ventresca, M. Creating an Institutional Field for Social Enterprise
- Gray, B., PURDY, J. M., and Ansari, S. Mechanisms For Meaning Making In Institutional Fields: The Importance Of Framing
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholar, 2005
- Nominee for UW Tacoma Distinguished Teaching Award (2007, 2002 and 1997)
- Best Paper Award, International Association for Conflict Management (1992)
- Outstanding Doctoral Student Teacher, Smeal College of Business, Pennsylvania State University (1992)
- Academy of Management
- International Association for Conflict Management
- Editorial Board, Negotiation and Conflict Management Journal
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Journal