Specialty: Information Systems
|Dept:||Milgard School of Business|
- Ph.D., University of Arizona, 1992.
- M.S., University of Arizona, 1977.
Dr. Davalos currently teaches the Introduction to Computing Technology and Decision Support Systems courses. Prior to joining the UW-T faculty, he taught at Portland State University, University of the Virgin Islands, and University of Portland.
Information Systems - Organizational and Management, Application of machine learning and evolutionary computing
- DAVALOS, S., Richard D. Gritta, Bahram Adrangi, and Jason Goodfriend. (2005) The Use of a Genetic Algorithm in Forecasting Air Carrier Financial Stress and Insolvency. The Credit and Financial Management Review, 2005 Third Quarter, Vol. 11 (2).
- Chung, S., Lai Hong Tang, and SERGIO DAVALOS. (2004) A Web Service Oritented Integration Approach for Enterprise and Business-to-Business Applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3306 Web Information Systems - WISE 2004, pp. 510-515.
- Goodfriend, J., Richard D. Gritta, Bahram Adrangi, and SERGIO DAVALOS. Assessing the Financial Condition of the Major U.S. Passenger Airlines Over the 1993-2003 Using the P-Score and Z" Score Discriminant Models. The Credit and Financial Management Review, Fourth Quarter 2004, 10 (4), pp. 41-52.
- Gritta, R., Garland Chow, and SERGIO DAVALOS. Gauging the Financial Condition of the Major U.S. Air Carriers, Journal of Transportation Law, Logistic, and Policy, Fall 2003, Vol. 71, No. 1, pp. 116-122.
- Gritta, R., Garland Chow, and SERGIO DAVALOS. An Assessment of the Financial Condition of Large Regional U.S. Air Carriers Prior to September 11, 2001: A Back-Propagation Neural Network Approach to Forecastion Financial Stress. The Credit and Financial Manangement Review, National Association of Credit Managers, Second Quarter 2003, 9 (2), ppl 27-36.
- Gritta, R., Garland Chow, Narcus Wang and SERGIO DAVALOS. (2001). Small U.S. Air Carrier Financial Condition: A Back-Propagation Neural Network Approach to Forecastion Bankruptcy and Financial Stress. Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Spring 2002, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 109-122.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. Forecasting Small Air Carrier Bankruptcies Using a Neural Network Approach: A Preliminary Analysis Approach. Journal of Financial Managment and Analysis, January-June 2000, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 44-49.
- Gritta, R. SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. Air Carrier Financial Fitness: An Assessment Over the 1966-1996 Period. Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Spring 2000, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 171-181.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. The Application of A Neural Network Approach to Prediction Bankruptcy Risks Facing the Major U.S. Air Carriers: 1979-1996. Journal of Air Transportation Management, 1999, Vol. 5, pp. 81-86.
- Gritta, R., SERGIO DAVALOS, and Garland Chow. Air Carrier Financial Fitness: An Assessment Over the 1966-1996 Period - A Preliminary Study, 40th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Forum Proceedings, October 1998.
- Bankruptcy Modeling with Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithm, and Ant Colony Optimization
- Multi-Agent Modeling for Entrepreneurial Decision Making
- Multi-Agent Modeling for Resource Search and Coordination
- Multi-Agent Simulation of Competition and Coopetition
- Service Oriented Computing for Business Processes
- Next Generation Business Process Modeling
- Financial Stess Prediction - A Genetic Algorithm Approach
- Multi-Agent Simulation of Coopetition
- Association of Information Systems (AIS)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Co-Chair ISRM (2004)