Professor ; Graduate Faculty
|Dept:||Milgard School of Business|
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech, 1990.
Finance (Investments and Corporate)
- NORONHA, G., Ferris, S., Lawless, R. (2005). The Influence of State Legal Environments on Firm Incorporation Decisions and Values. Journal of Law, Economics, and Policy. [in press]
- NORONHA, G., Meznar, M. (2005). Currency Crises in the Global Economy: Crises for Whom? The Case of Brazil and Argnetina. Latin American Business Review,5, 4, pp1-19. [in press]
- NORONHA, G., Chen, H., Singal, V. (2005). Investor Awareness and S&P 500 Index Changes. [in press]
- NORONHA, G., Unlu, E., Ferris, S. (2004). IPO Underpricing over time: Evidence from the UK. Applied Economic Letters, 11, 1, pp1-5.
- NORONHA, G., Chen, H., Singal, V. (2004). The Price Response to S&P 500 Index Additions and Deletions: Evidence of Asymmetry and a New Explanation. Journal of Finance, 59, 4, pp1901-1929.
- NORONHA, G., Singal, V. (2004). Financial Health and Airline Safety. Managerila and Desision Economics, 25, pp1-16.
- NORONHA, G., Perumpral, S., Sen, N. (2002). The Impact of LBO Financing on Bank Returns. American Business Review, 20, 1, pp1-5.
- NORONHA, G., Ferris, S., Kumar, R., Sen, N. (2000). Long-term Performance following the issuance of New Equity: Evidence from Japan. Advances in Financial Economics, 5, pp139-158.
Current Research/Working Papers
- NORONHA, G., Chen, H. and Singal, V. Pre-announced index changes and losses to investors in S&P and Russell 2000 index funds. Under review at Financial Analysts Journal; cited in NY Times, 7/4/04 and Fortune, 8/9/04.
- NORONHA, G., Ferris, S. and Unlu, E. Why do firms change dividend-payment frequency?
- NORONHA, G., Ferris, S. and Pritchard, A. Coroporate Governance and D&O Insurance.
- NORONHA, G., Kesayan, P., and Sen, N. Stock Option Grants and Firm Performance.
- American Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
- Association for Investment Management and Research
- Phoenix Society of Financial Analysts
- CFA Charterholder
- 1997-2000 Finance Editor of the Journal of Applied Business Research
- Ad Hoc Referee for the Journal of Banking and Finance, The Journal of Financial Research, Financial Management, Financial Practice and Education, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Journal of Applied Business Research, Journal of Economics and Finance, Financial Review.
- External reviewer for research grants for West Virginia University College of Business.
- 1992 Reviewer on Eastern Finance Association Program Committee
- 1994 Reviewer on Southern Finance Association Program Committee.
- Reviewer for JAI Press Annual Reserch Series on International Business and Finance.
- 1994 Founding member of the Eropean Financial Management Association
- 2000-2003 Education Director on the Bard of the Phoenix Society of Financial Analysts.
- Investment Adviser and Finance Committee member for St. Vincent de Paul Society endowment ($13 million portfolio)