Office of Equity & Diversity
The goals for the Office for Equity and Diversity include:
- Promoting a campus-wide understanding of equity and diversity that is evident in academic programs and curriculum, student activities, administrative functions;
- Monitoring the demographic composition of UW Tacoma faculty, students and staff to assess changes in access and success and take action when needed;
- Fostering community through authentic dialogue and interpersonal engagement at all levels and across multiple boundaries.
Achieving these goals is only possible with the collaboration and assistance of UW Tacoma faculty, staff and students. Together we can create the change we want to have at UW Tacoma!
Donations for Equity & Diversity
Many outreach and community activities of the Office for Equity and Diversity require outside funding. These may include event underwriting, such as the Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Breakfast; guest speaker costs; or co-sponsorship of community festivals and galas. To cover such costs, your support is requested in whatever amount you can afford.
Checks should be made payable to "University of Washington Foundation" and mailed to this office at University of Washington Tacoma, 1900 Commerce Street, Box 358430, Tacoma, WA 98402. Please write "UWT Diversity Project Fund" in the memo field on your check. Your gift is tax-deductible as specified in IRS regulations and will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Key Equity & Diversity Resources
- 2012-2013 Equity and Diversity Annual Report (PDF)
- Women of Color Empowered Speech
- 2011-2012 Equity and Diversity Annual Report (PDF)
- Framework on Diversity (PDF)
- UWT Faculty and Staff Data (PDF)
- Statement on Anti-Gay Speech