Steps for Admitted Students
Once you decide to accept an offer from UW Tacoma, please pay the New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fees (for undergraduate students) OR Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (for graduate students).
Then, please collect the following documents in order for UW Tacoma to issue your I-20:
- PDF copy of your Financial Documents (the minimum amount to present for undergraduate student is $51,867 and $51,906 for graduate students as of 8/4/2017);
- PDF copy of your passport data page (the page with your picture on it) and expiration date page (if applicable);
- PDF copy of your I-94 card or online I-94 (if applicable);
- PDF copy of your current visa or approval notice of your current visa (if applicable).
We prefer you to have files in PDF format. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free here. Do you not have PDF on your computer nor have a scanner but you have a smart phone? Try downloading CAM SCANNER app. This app will allow you to take a photo of a document and convert it to PDF format!
Once you have collected the above documents, you will need a UW NetID to access the online I-20 request form below:
Once your request is completed, please allow 5 business days for an advisor to respond to you.
Advisor assingments are done by Majors and Last Name Initials:
- Annemarie Martin (All Milgard School of Business majors): email@example.com
- Akane Yamaguchi (Students with last name initials M-Z): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amber Hallberg (Students with last name initials A-L): email@example.com
Please feel free to email your advisors above if you have any questions.
To Transfer Students
Transfer Students normally are maintaining active SEVIS record in the U.S. and still enrolled at another institution during the time of acceptance to UW Tacoma. As soon as the payment of New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee OR Enrollment Confirmation Deposit is completed, please start the process of requesting I-20 from UW Tacoma. In the Online I-20 Request Form, request, "Trasfer Pending I-20". You will be asked to enter your current institution information. Get in touch with your current international student advisor gather necessary information. Your current advisor may ask to fill out "Transfer Out Form" and submit a copy of official acceptance language from UW Tacoma. At UW Tacoma, we do not use "Transfer In Form". All transfer information is collected in the Online I-20 Request Form.
To Students Changing Visas
International Student Charge: If you initially started attending UW Tacoma with a visa other than F-1 and now requesting I-20 to obtain F-1 visa/status, please note that you will be charged a one-time $70 UW Tacoma International charge. This charge is to off-set significant administrative costs of the on-boarding process for all F-1 students and for year-round programming.
International Student Health Insurance: All F-1 students are automatically billed for ISHIP (International Student Health Insurance Program). If you already have health insurance in the U.S. there is way to waive it. To learn more, please visit this website.