About the Library
The University of Washington Tacoma Library creates community by engaging with student learning and connecting researchers to resources that foster discovery.
The Library provides spaces where people and scholarship meet. Our physical and online presence advances the teaching mission of UW Tacoma. Through strategic partnerships within and beyond the university, we enrich campus and local communities.
- We offer student-centered service that relies upon friendly, professional staff to perform the Library’s complex functions on a dynamic, growing urban campus.
- We build and maintain appreciative relationships with our patrons, colleagues, and partners at UW Tacoma, the UW Libraries, and in the South Puget Sound region.
- We cultivate a welcoming environment that thrives upon curiosity, encourages collaboration, and sustains independent study.
- We embrace established and emerging technologies that enhance learning and research.
- We acquire, manage, and facilitate access to exceptional collections uniquely suited to the UW Tacoma curriculum.
- We promote instructional partnerships that develop critical thinking skills and foster academic success.