About the Library
The mission of the UW Tacoma Library is to help our students, faculty and staff achieve their goals. We accomplish this through exceptional services, resources, spaces, and technologies. We work at a systemic level integrating with the university’s curriculum and pedagogy, engaging in contemporary processes of scholarly communication, amplifying the reach of our faculty’s research, and by building partnerships within and beyond the university.
The UW Tacoma Library is a catalyst for the UW Tacoma community. We offer services, infrastructure, and environments designed to help students achieve their dreams and faculty to create new knowledge that positively impacts the local community and beyond. We provide a place for the community to come together around shared interests to learn, achieve, create, and reflect.
- We offer student-centered service that relies upon friendly, professional staff to perform the Library’s complex functions on a dynamic, growing urban campus.
- We build and maintain appreciative relationships with our patrons, colleagues, and partners at UW Tacoma, the UW Libraries, and in the South Puget Sound region.
- We cultivate a welcoming environment that thrives upon curiosity, encourages collaboration, and sustains independent study.
- We embrace established and emerging technologies that enhance learning and research.
- We acquire, manage, and facilitate access to exceptional collections uniquely suited to the UW Tacoma curriculum.
- We promote instructional partnerships that develop critical thinking skills and foster academic success.