- Contacts fieldwork facilitator if unable to be at fieldwork site as scheduled.
- Wears business-professional attire appropriate to the standards of the site, and a UW Tacoma name tag identifying graduate student role.
- Advises fieldwork facilitator of the need for a fieldwork evaluation and meets with the fieldwork facilitator at the end of the fieldwork experience to discuss own performance.
- Participates in TNURS 503 Advanced Fieldwork Seminars and completes course assignments.
- Completes a self-evaluation of learning objectives and submits to fieldwork course faculty.
- Completes an on-line Fieldwork Site Evaluation form.
- Assumes responsibility for completion of Fieldwork Facilitator Student Evaluation Form and submits form to fieldwork faculty after end of fieldwork experience meeting with fieldwork facilitator
- Orients the student to the fieldwork site.
- Assists in selection of activities with respect to course objectives, student goals, and level of expertise.
- Outlines, with the student, parameters of responsibility for activities, special projects, and time lines.
- Communicates immediately with faculty if a student’s performance is unsatisfactory or whenever there are concerns about the student’s progress.
- By mid-quarter, and as needed, assesses student’s progress. Shares information with fieldwork course faculty.
- By the 9th week of the quarter, completes an evaluation of the student’s performance, using the Fieldwork Facilitator Student Evaluation Form, and discusses with the student.
- Hands the completed Fieldwork Facilitator Student Evaluation Form to the student who gives it to the fieldwork course faculty by the 10th week of the quarter.
- Serves as a liaison with the fieldwork facilitator and assists student, in consultation with fieldwork facilitator, with concerns regarding activities.
- Contacts the fieldwork facilitator during the quarter to assess student progress.
- Review students’ fieldwork assignments.
- Provides feedback to students about their fieldwork through seminar, email, or Blackboard website.
- Evaluates students at mid-quarter and at the end, based on seminar, fieldwork participation, and fieldwork facilitator input.
- Compiles Fieldwork Facilitator Student Evaluation Forms and gives to designated Nursing Program staff at the end of the students’ fieldwork.
- Sends email thank you note to fieldwork facilitators.