Office of Research
Main page content
As an urban-serving university, the UW Tacoma aims to "foster scholarship, research, and creativity to address the challenging problems of our time and place." In its 2016 Strategic Plan, the UW Tacoma identifies as a key priority to "expand and support a range of research, scholarship and creative activity."
To serve these ends, the Office of Research works with campus partners to:
- Raise the profile of research, scholarship, and creative activities across the campus and in the community;
- Assist UW Tacoma faculty to pursue externally sponsored research funding;
- Promote the professional development of faculty through workshops that help faculty in all aspects of their research, scholarship, and creative activities;
- Support student research experiences
- Help the faculty to partner with public agencies and community groups in the mutual pursuit of publicly-engaged scholarship.
- Join us Thursday, November 15th for a Faculty Roundtable on "Race, Racism, and Anti-Racist Methodologies" in TLB 307b, 12:30-2:00 PM, then again for the Fall 2018 Global Lightning Round at 3:00-4:00pm
- The Office of Research is now accepting proposals to the Collaborative Publicly Engaged Scholarship (CPES) Program (due Monday, November 19th). Details are available here.
- Slides and recordings of several recent faculty development workshops, including "Statistics Refresher Course for Faculty," "Introduction to R and R Studio" and "Introduction to Proposal Writing" are now available here.
- Learn about Office of Research initiatives and faculty activities over the past fiscal year in our recently-released FY2018 Annual Report