Federal and State Drug Laws
Washington State Drug Laws
- Washington State Uniform Controlled Substances Act
Revised Code of Washington 69.50
- Illicit Drugs Considered to be Controlled Substances
RCW 69.50.101 Definitions (including a list of illicit drugs)
- State Penalties for Illegal Sale of Controlled Substances (See Article IV)
For the illegal sale of any controlled substance is punishable by up to 10 years in prison, $500,000 fine, or both.
Federal Drug Laws
The possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs is prohibited by federal law. Strict penalties are provided for drug convictions, including mandatory prison terms for many offenses.
- Federal penalties for drug convictions
- Denial of Federal Benefits
Title 21 > Chapter 13 > Subchapter I > Part D > Sec. 862
Civil penalties may also be imposed for possession of small amounts of controlled substances, whether or not criminal prosecution is pursued.