Weapons on Campus
Generally, possession of a firearm or other weapons and instrumentalities (does not apply to pepper spray) is not permitted on campus. Individuals may a request an exception to carry a weapon in writing using the following procedure:
- Submit request to carry weapon in writing to the Director of Campus Safety and Security.
- Written request includes reason for needing to carry weapon on campus.
- If requestor is asking to carry a concealed pistol they must provide a copy of current valid concealed pistol permit license and copy of current valid state driver’s license.
- Requestor signs a release form for a Washington State Patrol criminal background check to determine if there have been violent convictions since obtaining the concealed permit license.
For more information, please contact Susan Wagshul-Golden, Director of Campus Safety and Security.
- Process to Request Exception to (WAC) 478-124-020(3) (f): Policy Restricting Firearm or Other Weapons and Instrumentalities on Campus
- Washington State Attorney General’s Concealed Weapons Guidelines