Autumn 2016 Elections
We are currently seeking nominations for several elected positions within the Association. Any professional, classified or librarian staff member at UW Tacoma is eligible to be nominated for any position. The open positions include: Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Staff Assembly Representatives. Please consider nominating a colleague or yourself!
Vice-Chair (Two Year Term: January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2018)The Vice-Chair serves as a member of the Executive Board and Staff Assembly and assists in leading the Association. The duties and responsibilities of the Vice-Chair include:
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Chair in the Chair’s absence
- Overseeing and coordinating all election processes (including elected Officers, Committee Chairs and Assembly Representatives)
- Overseeing and supporting all UWTSA committees
- Directing all affairs of the UWTSA
- Chairing the Executive Board and Staff Assembly
- Acting as the spokesperson for the Association
Treasurer (Two Year Term: January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2018)The Treasurer serves as a member of the Executive Board and Staff Assembly. The duties and responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Managing the UWTSA back account
- Presenting a financial report to the UWTSA membership once per quarter
Staff Assembly Representatives (One Year Term: January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017)The inaugural Staff Assembly will convene in January 2017. The Assembly is comprised of representatives from all divisions on campus and will discuss various topics concerning staff (including issues that staff may be facing on campus). Both classified and professional staff are represented on the Assembly.
The following divisions are represented by one classified and one professional staff member: Academic Affairs, Advancement, Finance & Administration, Information Technology and Student & Enrollment Services.
The following divisions are represented by one classified or professional staff member: Library, Office of the Chancellor and Office of Equity & Inclusion.
The duties and responsibilities of Representatives include:
- Attending all Staff Assembly meetings
- Developing a system for timely communication within their respective divisions (reporting out and collecting feedback)
- Fulfilling associated responsibilities of committee involvement (not required)
Committee ChairsIn addition serving as a Representative for a division, we will offer the opportunity for a couple of Representatives to serve as Committee Chairs. The Committee Chair positions are appointed by the Executive Board and this process will begin once the Representatives have been elected. We will contact Representatives to gauge interest. In the event that a Committee Chair position is not filled by the Representatives, the Executive Board will open the position to all staff members on campus.
All staff members are encouraged to consider nominating themselves or a colleague! To nominate someone, please complete our online nomination form. Please note that all nominations must be supported/seconded by another individual. The nomination form will ask for the name of a second staff member who supports your nomination. Additionally, all nominations must be accepted by the nominee and the nominee may be asked to provide a short statement regarding their candidacy (to be included in the election ballot).
Nominations will be accepted through 12:00pm (noon) on Friday, November 18, 2016. An online election ballot will follow shortly after.
Past Elections & VotingClick "More" to learn about that vote!
8/2016 By-Laws Voting