Health Information and Resources
Student Health 101!
New College Student and Parent Stress
Alcohol and Other Drugs:
The Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is once again available to the uninsured and underinsured in Washington state. Anyone who lives in our state is now eligible for at least one call to the quit line.
We have one-year's funding to make the quit line available to people without insurance thanks to the state legislature and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Since launching in 2001, the quit line has helped more than 160,000 Washington residents. People who call the quit line double their chances of quitting successfully.
Quit line services can include counseling and nicotine replacement therapy, including gum or patches.; Services are available to people who are:
- Age 18 or older and live in Washington state.
- Uninsured, or underinsured and have an insurance plan that does not cover cessation benefits.
- On Medicaid, or on a Medicare program that does not offer cessation benefits.
- Eligible for health care services provided by Indian Health Services.
- Or have a referral from the Veteran's Administration, or have an insurance plan which covers the quit line tobacco cessation program.
For additional information please visit our webpage at: Tobacco Quitline Services
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Eating Disorder Referral &; Information Center
- Pale Reflections
Depression and Suicide:
Sexual and Interpersonal Violence:
- Sexual Assault Center of Pierce County
- Sexual Violence Center
- KUOW.org interviews UW
- Seattle PI article on sexual assault
- Investigate West
The following resources are a compilation of on-campus departments and groups that serve any student, faculty, or staff member faced with issues related to alcohol, and other drugs.
Student Counseling Center
Psychological services for UW Tacoma students
Campus Safety (University Police)
Preserving safety, maintaining human rights, protecting property, and promoting individual responsibility and community commitment.
- 253-692-4416 (from off campus or cell phone)
- 2-4416 (from campus any phone)
- Emergency 9-911 from campus phone, 911 from off campus phone