Student Involvement Advertising Resources
Announcements and Postings
Student Involvement can assist in getting information out about your campus event to students, faculty and staff at no cost to you. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your information is included.
- Email Announcements
- If you have information you would like to be announced via email please send it to email@example.com using the following format:
WHEN: (Time & Date)
DETAILS:(Please limit to 250 words)
- Announcements need to be submitted no later than 5pm on the Thursday before the event takes place. Si411 emails will be sent out the following Monday. Please include the following information in the email subject line:
- Name of the group or organization responsible for the event
- Name of the event
- Posting signage on campus requires a date stamp approval. Flyers needing approval should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Flyers will be date stamped electronically. You may also bring printed flyers to Student Involvement MAT 103 to have them hand-stamped. Flyers posted around campus without prior approval will be pulled.
- Advertisements via Television Screens
There are several television screens across campus available for advertising event information. If you would like to advertise on these screens, please follow these steps:
- Create a landscape oriented 8.5" x 14" document and save as a JPEG file.
- Make sure advertisement isn't too busy - "less is more"
- Include pertinent info (WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, DETAILS, CONTACT INFORMATION).
- Email advertisement(s) to email@example.com
. Include the date you would like the advertisement to be removed. Please be sure to include the following in the email subject line:
- Name of group or organization responsible for the event
- Name of the event
- Advertisement requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to event date.
The Television Screens have the following specifications:
- Image Size: 1366 x 708 pixels (W x H)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.93 (W/H)
- Cycle Time: 10 seconds
- Facebook & Twitter
- UWT Student Involvement maintains Facebook and Twitter accounts. These resources are especially useful for last minute advertisements or announcements. Both Facebook & Twitter may be utilized for advertising similiar to email, flyer, and television screen announcements. Please use the same formatting as "Email Announcements" and send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Guidelines for Posting and Posting Locations
*Advertising Resources are available for UW Tacoma students, staff, and faculty; Off-campus visitors have access to community boards across campus only
Student Involvement: 253.692.4481