Student Technology Fees Committee
(STFC) is designed to provide and determine expenditures on improving existing technology and acquiring new technology to be used by the students of UW Tacoma. No maintenance or ongoing costs related to technology purchases will be allowed except in the case of service contracts approved at the time of the award. This committee is setup by ASUWT according to state laws (RCW 28B.15.05) and agreements made with the board of regents of the University of Washington, ASUWT bylaws, agreements made with the ASUW and ASUWB (Tri-campus agreement), and to the rules and guidelines established by the Open Public Meetings Act.
The STFC generally funds:
- Computer Equipment, Printers, Scanners, and Other Computer-Related Items
- Audio-Visual Equipment and Software
- Training for Technical Related Skills and internet Connectivity
- Books on Tape, CD-ROMS, and Multimedia Learning Materials
- The STFC shall allocate funds through a well-documented proposal process.
- STFC policies, which must establish that goods, services, and equipment acquired by STF funds are being used for the purposes for which they were approved, shall be published and posted publicly.
- The STFC shall report to the ASUWT senate monthly or as required by the senate.
- The STFC shall submit a written report to the ASUWT by the second week of May each year. This report shall reflect on a minimum, current funding status and important events during the quarter.
- The STFC shall strive to increase general student awareness of STFC goals and the status of STFC expenditures.