Childcare Assistance Program Application
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Application Now Open!.
- You must have a 2013-2014 FAFSA on file with the University of Washington Tacoma.
- Submit an Online Revision Request (click on "Next" at the bottom of the form to begin).
- Complete the Online Childcare Assistance Program Application (You will need the Childcare's "Provider ID Number") *Application available Wednesday, September 11th, 2013.
Please Note: Grant money received through the Childcare Assistance Program may be considered taxable income and will be listed on your 1098T form. We are not trained to advise on tax laws. Please contact a tax advisor for their instructions in utilizing information on the 1098T when filling out your taxes.
Distribution of Funds:
- Grant money ($600/quarter for full-time students & $400/quarter for part-time students) will be distributed to students after credits have been verified on the 10th day of the quarter.
- Funds are disbursed to students via direct deposit through MyUW. If you do not receive direct deposit, a check will be mailed to your current address (please be sure that your address is correct in MyUW).
- All monies paid to the student for CAP are to be paid directly to the childcare provider indicated on the Childcare Assistance Application by the student.
Cost Verification Form
- At the end of each quarter, you will be required to submit a Cost Verification Form, along with supporting documentation, indicating that the childcare assistance grant was paid to the childcare provider that is listed on your application form.
- Failure to submit the Cost Verification Form before, or by the deadline: If no contact has been made with the Department of Student Engagement and you have not submitted your Cost Verification Form with supporting documentation, your award will be cancelled for the remaining academic year and you may be required to repay the University the entire amount of your assistance for that quarter.
You are required to submit appropriate supporting documentation along with the Cost Verification Form on a quarterly basis. Below is a list of acceptable forms of documentation:
- Copy of Childcare Provider accounting record, ledger card, invoice or statement
- Copy of personal checks (front and back)
- Copy of money order or cashier's check
- Legible copy of bank statement showing electronic payment (transfer) of funds from bank account to the childcare provider
- Typed letter signed by the childcare provider (on the childcare provider's letterhead) detailing names, dates of attendance, total monthly costs, and types/total of payments made
The Cost Verification Form and supporting documentation are due on or before the dates listed below for each quarter. The Cost Verification Form is necessary to process grant money for the following quarter. If the Cost Verification Form is not received by the deadline listed below, you will not be eligible to receive assistance for the remaining academic year.
- Fall Quarter: December 13, 2013
- Winter Quarter: March 14, 2014
- Spring Quarter: June 13, 2014
- Laura Mochinski, Program Support Supervisor of Student Engagement
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 253.692.4734