Childcare Assistance Program Application
- 1) Ensure you have a 2013-2014 FASFA on file with the University of Washington Tacoma
- 2) Ensure that you are applying to the correct UW Campus (incorrect UW campus applications will not be considered)
- Submit an Online Revision Request (click on "Next" at the bottom of the form to begin).
- Complete the Online Childcare Assistance Program Application (You will need to have the "Childcare Provider ID Number" given by the Department of Early Learning).
Cost Verification Form
- At the end of each quarter, you will be required to submit a Cost Verification Form, along with supporting documentation, indicating that the childcare assistance grant was paid to the childcare provider that is listed on your application form.
- Failure to submit the Cost Verification Form before, or by the deadline: If no contact has been made with the Department of Student Engagement and you have not submitted your Cost Verification Form with supporting documentation, your award will be cancelled for the remaining academic year and you may be required to repay the University the entire amount of your assistance for that quarter. In addition, registration and transcript holds may be placed onto your UW student account.
- Cost Verification Form
You are required to submit appropriate supporting documentation along with the Cost Verification Form on a quarterly basis. Below is a list of acceptable forms of documentation:
- Copy of Childcare Provider accounting record, ledger card, invoice or statement
- Copy of personal checks (front and back)
- Copy of money order or cashier's check
- Legible copy of bank statement showing electronic payment (transfer) of funds from bank account to the childcare provider
- Typed letter signed by the childcare provider (on the childcare provider's letterhead) detailing names, dates of attendance, total monthly costs, and types/total of payments made
*Unused CAP funds will be deducted from the next quarter's disbursement if continuing in the CAP. If there are unused CAP funds at the end of Spring Quarter, repayment will be required.
Quarterly Cost Verification Form Deadlines:
- Fall Quarter: December 13, 2013
- Winter Quarter: March 21, 2014
- Spring Quarter: June 13, 2014
- Laura Mochinski, Program Support Supervisor of Student Engagement
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 253.692.4734