UW Tacoma home > Offices and services > Student Affairs > Student Engagement
CAP Eligibility Requirements
Childcare Assistance Program Eligibility Requirements
All students must meet the following eligibility requirements to receive childcare assistance:
- Students must have a 2015-2016 FAFSA on file with the University.
- Students must be UW Tacoma matriculated (degree-seeking) from any undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate program.
- Students must maintain part-time or full-time status. Any changes may affect assistance.
- Childcare assistance is limited to low-income students. Families must be considered as having financial need based on FAFSA and verified by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Child/children must be in the care of a state licensed child care provider through the Department of Early Learning (i.e. home, center, or after school program). Private school tuition, kindergarten fees, nannies, meals, registration fees, or other special fees are not covered.
- Child/children must be under the student parents' legal and physical custodial care and must reside with the student parent for more than 50% of the time.
- Tuition exempt students are not eligible.
- Childcare and Family Support Services
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 253.692.4901