UW Tacoma Current Resident
UW Tacoma offers students the opportunity to live on-campus in a community based living environment. Each UW Tacoma Housing resident contributes to creating a vibrant and healthy community.
Meet your Resident Assistants (RAs)
A Resident Assistant, or RA, is a student who lives and works as a peer to residents in our residence halls. They are your main resource for getting started at UW Tacoma. Their responsibilities include:
- Getting to know you and your interests
- Encourage residents to become involved on the floor, in the hall, and around campus
- Promote an academically supportive environment
- Connect you to campus resources
- Assist you in getting to know other residents
- Encourage residents to respect the rights of others and to approach one another with concerns
- Confront behaviors that may be in violation of university or housing policies
- Assist residents with roommate agreements and help mediate conflict if necessary
- Conduct floor meetings with residents to discuss floor items and provide information about hall happenings
Contact your RA
The RAs take turns being "on call" between the hours of 5:00pm - 8:00am. If you have an immediate need during that time period, please call the RA On Duty at the number below. To reach a particular RA or to schedule an appointment, please email the RA directly.
I'm looking for information about: