Moving In/Out of Housing
Moving Into Your Apartment
New residents will receive detailed instructions regarding housing move-in via email prior to their move in date. These instructions will include a time and date for your arrival.
These instructions will get you as far as the doorstep. There are a few additional tasks for you to complete upon your arrival.
Apartment Condition Report
When you check in to Housing, you will receive a blank Apartment Condition Report (ACR). This document should be completed before you move many items into the room. This is your opportunity to document any pre-existing damage and ensure that you will not be charged for this damage at the end of the year. Check that you have included your move in date and appropriate notes before returning the form to your RA. This form must be turned in within 24 hours of your arrival.
Please Note: If there is any damage which needs immediate attention, please note it on the ACR and submit a maintenance request directly to the staff located on the first floor of Court 17. You may also submit the request via email to email@example.com.
Every apartment must have an updated Roommate Agreement on file at the beginning of the year. This paperwork documents the day-to-day living agreements that all residents agree to respect. Use this as an opportunity to get to know your roommates and set clear boundaries. UW Tacoma Housing will keep this document for future reference, should any roommate concerns come up throughout the year. This form must be turned in within one week of moving in to the apartment.
Please note: ANY revisions to this document must be signed by all residents and turned in to the RA.
Moving Out of Your Apartment
UW Tacoma Housing occupancy terms are from mid-September to mid-September. When it is time to move out, follow these steps to ensure a smooth move out process.
- Schedule a check out appointment with an RA at least 48 hours in advance. This is required to give them time to gather paperwork for your apartment walkthrough and check out process.
- Clean your apartment, including bathroom and common areas, very thoroughly. This includes all floors, surfaces, and the interior of drawers and cabinets. A thorough cleaning will help you to avoid charges for apartment cleaning and repairs. When you check out, the RAs will do a full assessment of the cleanliness and condition of the apartment.
- Be prepared and on time for your RA appointment.
- Verify that your check out paperwork has been completely filled out (including check out date and notes) before signing.
- Return your keys and access card to the RA at the time of your appointment.
- Common Charges and Damage Fees Conduct for Students (link to Housing Charges and Fees page)
Early Arrival/Late Departure
Students may request to arrive prior to the beginning or to stay beyond the end of his/her occupancy period at the rate of $25 per night. All requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance to the Associate Director of Student Development at firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to approval.