Policies and Procedures
As a condition of residing in Court 17, Student agrees to not violate any laws and to respect the rights, privileges, and property of other students, guests, tenants of Court 17, staff, and visitors. While living at Court 17, Student agrees to abide by all Lorig Court 17 Community Rules and Regulations and the Student Housing Standards of Conduct.
Please not that these terms may be amended by the University in the middle of the year. If this is to occur, you will receive appropriate notification.
Housing Agreement and Standards of Conduct
If the Student Engagement staff receives an allegation that a student has violated one or more of these policies, this student may be held accountable through the Housing Standards process and the Student Conduct process.
Housing Conduct Process
- University receives a report detailing alleged violation of the Housing Agreement. Student Engagement staff member notifies student of the date and time for a Housing Standards Meeting.
- Student attends a Housing Standards Meeting, conducted by a University Official. During this meeting, the student has the right to hear the allegations against him/her, review the related incident report, and respond to the allegations.
- The Student Engagement staff member will conduct a further investigation, as needed.
- Once the investigation has concluded, the Student Engagement staff member will determine, based on the preponderance of evidence, whether a student is responsible for violating the Housing Agreement. The "preponderance of evidence" standard simply means that it must be "more likely than not" that the student violated the agreement.
- The student receives a Decision Letter informing them of the finding of the investigation. If a student is found responsible for a violation, the sanctions will be detailed in this report.
Student Conduct Process
All students who are enrolled on any of the three University of Washington campuses (Tacoma, Seattle, or Bothell) are held accountable to the Student Conduct Code. The code outlines both the expectations for behavior and the procedures for handling violations of the conduct code.
More information about the Student Conduct Process is available, please visit the Conduct for Students website.