Forming a New Organization
Congratulations on joining "The Pack!"
UW Tacoma has many great organizations, but perhaps you don't see one that meets your interests? Then we suggest starting a new one! Registering a new organization is simple:
Step 1: UW Tacoma students can join up with 4 other UW Tacoma students who will serve as the leadership in your new club.
Step 2: Find a full-time UW Tacoma faculty or staff member willing to serve as your adviser.
Step 3: Write a constitution for your Student Organization. Check out a Sample Constitution HERE
Step 4: Login to DawgDen, click on the "Organizations" link, and then click on "Register a New Organization."
Step 5: Have at least two officers attend an RSO Orientation Session (Or Club Camp). RSO Orientation Sessions will be held from 12:30pm to 1:30pm in MAT 103 on the following dates: October 15th, October 29th, November 12th, December 3rd.
Step 6: Receive confirmation from Student Engagement that your organization is granted registration!
If you are having difficulty with any one of these steps, please contact the Department of Student Engagement at email@example.com .
Important Dates:Fall Quarter
- Involvement Fair: September 25, 2013 @ 12:30pm-1:30pm & 3:30pm-5:00pm in Commerce Plaza (Rain Plan: Academic Building Atrium)
- Student Organization Round Table (S.O.R.T.): October 16, 2013 @ 12:30-1:30pm in CP 206C
- Husky Hangout: November 12, 2013 @ 12:30-1:30 in Academic Building Atrium
- RSO Canned Food Drive Competition: Tues, Oct. 22, 2013 to Tues, Nov 26, 2013 *Winners will receive a pizza party in December!
- Advisor Brown Bag: October 23rd or October 24th @ 12:30pm - 1:30pm in Tacoma Room (Topic: Funding options for RSO's)
- Involvement Fair: January 08, 2014 @ 12:30-1:30 in Academic Building Atrium
- Student Organization Round Table (S.O.R.T.): January 29, 2014 @ 12:30-1:30 in Tacoma Room
- Husky Hangout: February 26, 2012 @ 12:30-1:30 in Academic Building Atrium
- First Block Party committee meeting : February 05, 2014 @ 12:30pm-1:30pm * Committee members get first pick for Block Party location in Spring!
- Advisor Brown Bag: February 5th or February 6th @ 12:30 - 1:30 in Tacoma Room (Topic: Risk Management in RSO's)
- January 14th, 2014
- January 28th, 2014
- February 11th, 2014
- February 25th, 2014
- March 11th, 2014
- Involvement Fair: April 02, 2014 @ 12:30-1:30 in Academic Building Atrium
- Student Organization Round Table (S.O.R.T.): April 23, 2014 @ 12:30-1:30pm in Tacoma Room
- RSO Block Party Funds and Shirt Distribution : May 07, 2014 @ MAT 103
- O.S.C.A.R.S: May 9, 2014 @ William Philip Hall
- Block Party: May 21, 2014 in Commerce Plaza (Rain Plan: Academic Building Atrium)
- Advisor Brown Bag: April 30th or May 1st @ 12:30 - 1:30 in Tacoma Room (Topic: Transitioning Leadership in RSO's)