Community Engaged Leadership (CEL) Program
The Community Engaged Leadership Program is an opportunity for students to gain real-world experience working within the community to address needs and issues. Students will also develop relationships at UW Tacoma and within the community that will support them through the program and foster their growth.
Program components were developed with input from local community organizations, based on what they would value in a qualified volunteer, intern, and/or staff member.
As a result of participation in the CEL Certificate Program, students will be able to:
- Incorporate a partnership approach to service within their work.
- Articulate personalized goals for skill and knowledge development during their service.
- Articulate the difference between service that perpetuates community dependence and that which builds community capacity.
- Synthesize academic concepts and service experiences to form a personal commitment to community engagement.
- Synthesize personal experiences, experiences of others, and academic concepts to develop solutions to societal concerns.
Program Description & Requirements
If you have any questions, please email Surtida Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org