Volunteer Services opportunities are updated every 2nd and 4th Monday and include listings available over the last two months. Students should contact organizations directly about volunteer positions. To find additional volunteer opportunities, visit: Career Development & Education's Jobs and Internships page.
Volunteer Services Events
THere are no scheduled events at this time.
VolunteerMatch, (Input your location & keyword)
Community Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Services would like to provide you with resources whenever possible to find ways to volunteer in your community. Please check out the following for more information:
- Lakewold Gardens
- Mentor 253
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Military Mentorship Program
- Mt. Rainier National Park Associates
- Girl Scout Ambassador's Assistant-Spring 2013
- Write @ 253 - Afterschool Program Community In Schools Tutor (Academic Credit)
- Federal Way Public Schools Tutoring
- Pierce County 211 Information & Referral Specialist
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Northwest Harvest
- Planned Parenthood
- Prison Pet Partnership
- Snowboard Outreach Society
- CareNet of Puget Sound
- Communities in Schools
- Mary Bridge
- Metropolitan Development Council
- Washington Women's Employment & Education
Advertise Local Service Opportunities:
We encourage organizations which are seeking volunteers to create a one page document to connect more students with the experiences they offer. These documents are then placed on our website and printed to be kept at our front desk. The document should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Full organization name and logo.
- Date(s) of service opportunity (ie. ongoing, date range, or specific date).
- Details regarding the mission and purpose of the organization.
- Description of volunteer activities and expectations. If the activities vary widely, please include a list of potential activities. This can ensure a better fit between organization and volunteer.
- Instructions for interested volunteers to reach your organization.
- Include as many of the following as possible: Liaison/Coordinator name and contact information, organization webpage URL, and direct link to volunteer webpage.