The Department of Student Services is guided by the following functional objectives:
- Campus Housing: Provide cost effective, convenient, and safe living communities that encourage student involvement, personal development, and academic achievement.
- Career Development & Education: Guide students and alumni as they explore and evaluate their career and academic goals while facilitating connections with viable employers.
- Childcare Assistance: Provide support to students with financial need to subsidize childcare expenses which allows for greater diversity in the student population.
- New Student Programs: Assist students with a successful academic and social transition into the UW Tacoma community and engage parents and families as they support their students' experience.
- Student Conduct: Promote accountability and personal responsibility through a fair and consistent judicial process while providing education and outreach to the UW Tacoma community about the Student Conduct Code.