Childcare Assistance Program Application
Applications are accepted and processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once approved, assistance is available for Autumn 2012, Winter 2012, and Spring 2013, assistance is not available for Summer Quarter. If the program is full, you will be placed on a wait-list and contacted if a space becomes available.
Please Note: Grant money received through the Childcare Assistance Program may be considered taxable income and will be listed on your 1098T form. Please note that we are not trained to advise on tax laws. Please contact a tax advisor for their instructions in utilizing information on the 1098T when filling out your taxes.
- You must have a 2012-2013 FAFSA on file with the University of Washington Tacoma.
- Submit a Revision Request to Financial Aid, in order to include your childcare costs.
- Complete the Childcare Assistance Program Application and submit it to Dept of Student Involvement.
- MAT 103
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 am-6 pm/Friday 8 am-5 pm
- Phone: 253.692.4481
Distribution of Funds:
- Grant money ($500/quarter for full-time students & $300/quarter for part-time students) will be distributed to students after credits have been verified on the 10th day of the quarter.
- Funds are disbursed to students via direct deposit through MyUW. If you do receive direct deposit, a check will be mailed to your current address (please be sure that your address is correct in MyUW).
- At the end of each quarter (June 14, 2013 - Spring Quarter Deadline), you will be required to submit a Cost Verification Form, along with supporting documentation, indicating that the childcare assistance grant was paid to the childcare provider that is listed on your application form.
- If the deadline has passed (June 14, 2013 - Spring Quarter Deadline) and no contact has been made with the Department of Student Services, and we have not received your Cost Verification Form, your award for the following quarter may be canceled and you may be required to repay the University the entire amount of your assistance for that quarter.
- All monies paid to the student are to be paid to the childcare provider indicated on the Childcare Assistance Application that is submitted to the Department of Student Services.
Cost Verification Form
The Cost Verification Form and supporting documentation is due on or before the dates listed below for each quarter. The Cost Verification Form is necessary to process grant money for the following quarter. If the Cost Verification Form is not received by the deadline listed below, you will not be eligible to receive assistance for the following quarter.
- Fall Quarter: December 14, 2012
- Winter Quarter: March 14, 2013
- Spring Quarter: June 14, 2013
You are required to submit appropriate supporting documentation along with the Cost Verification Form on a quarterly basis. Below is a list of acceptable forms of documentation:
- Copy of Childcare Provider accounting record, ledger card, invoice or statement
- Copy of personal checks (front and back)
- Copy of money order or cashier's check
- Legible copy of bank statement showing electronic payment (transfer) of funds from bank account to the childcare provider
- Typed letter signed by the childcare provider (on the childcare provider's letterhead) detailing names, dates of attendance, total monthly costs, and types/total of payments made
Failure to Submit Cost Verification Form:
After the deadline has passed, if no contact has been made with the Department of Student Involvement and you have not submitted your Cost Verification Form, your award will be canceled and you may be required to repay the University the entire amount of your assistance for that quarter.
- Laura Mochinski, Program Coordinator of Student Involvement
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 253.692.4734