Career Development & Education
"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius
Career Development and Education assists undergraduate and graduate students and alumni in developing, evaluating, and implementing career and educational decisions. Our staff is here to support students' endeavors toward a rewarding college experience and successful professional growth beyond UW Tacoma.
Visit the College to Career Roadmap Resources Page!
- Phone: 253.692.4421
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: MAT 106
- Stay Connected: Subscribe to the Career Development ListServ
Career Development would like to thank our Premier Partners for their continued support of our work at the UW Tacoma!
Make an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an *appointment, please call our office at 253.692.4421, or stop by MAT 106. The staff in Career Development & Education can assist with the following:
- Choosing a major
- Internship resources
- Networking Strategies
- Job search process
- Interviewing skills
- Resume/cover letter critique
- Choosing/applying to graduate school
*If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, you will be asked to reschedule.
- 12:30-1:30 pm
- First come, first serve
- 30 minute appointment slots
- Ideal for resume critiques
Start Looking For a Job
To access HuksyJobs, you first must activate your account. Here's how (if you're already activated your account, read below):
- First, click here to get to the HuskyJobs website.
- Your user name is your @uw.edu email address.
- Next, click the "forgot my password" tab to receive, via email, your temporary password. Complete your profile and change your password.
- Upload your resume(s), cover letter(s) and any unofficial transcripts.
- Return regularly!
Already activated? Simply go to www.huskyjobs.washington.edu/students to log directly into your account.
Career Connections Blog
- Take a quick look at the UW Tacoma Career Connections Blog. This is great for local opportunities in the greater Puget Sound area.
- Search for jobs and internships internationally as well as domestically using Going Global.
- Resume Samples
- Resume Tips
- Cover Letter Essentials
- Student Resources
- Workshop Requests
- Other Handouts
DaVita Meet-and-Greet and Information Session
DaVita will be on campus for a meet-and-greet and formal presentation on December 3rd. They will be sharing information about their Evergreens Rotational Program as well as Accounting and Finance Internships.
- Accounting & Finance Internships
- Evergreen Leadership Program
- Evergreen's Rotational Leadership Program
Date: Tuesday, December 3rd, 11:00-1:30
Location: JOY 215
Networking and planning your next career move are things that should be constantly happening, so LinkedIn is a valuable tool whether you are a first-year student or a senior. Learn some of the basics of how to use LinkedIn in your internship and job search in this informative workshop!
Date: Wednesday, December 4rd, 12:30-1:25
Location: DOU 201
LinkedIn Open Computer Lab
Not sure what to put in your LinkedIn profile? Havenâ€™t taken the time to sit down and actually create a profile or update yours? Stop by Dougan 101 and we can help you in creating, constructing, or revising your LinkedIn profile.
Date: Thursday, December 5th, 12:30-1:25
Location: DOU 101
College to Career Roadmap Workshops
Learn some strategies to make the most of your time at the UW Tacoma using the College to Career Roadmap! Jake Nelko will be presenting ways to start preparing for post-graduation with specific workshops geared towards each year of school.
Thursdays in January, 12:30-1:25pm, BB 107
First-Year Students: January 9th
Sophomores: January 16th
Juniors: January 23rd
Seniors: January 30th