"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius
Career Development assists undergraduate and graduate students and alumni in developing, evaluating, and implementing career and educational decisions. Our staff is here to support students' endeavors toward a rewarding college experience and successful professional growth beyond UW Tacoma.
Visit the College to Career Roadmap Resources Page!
- Phone: 253.692.4421
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: MAT 106
- Stay Connected: Subscribe to the Career Development ListServ
Career Development would like to thank our Premier Partners for their continued support of our work at the UW Tacoma!
Make an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an *appointment, please call our office at 253.692.4421, or stop by MAT 106. The staff in Career Development can assist with the following:
- Choosing a major
- Internship resources
- Networking Strategies
- Job search process
- Interviewing skills
- Resume/cover letter critique
- Choosing/applying to graduate school
*If you are more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Monday - Friday
- 12:30-1:30 pm
- First come, first serve
- 30 minute appointment slots
- Ideal for resume critiques
Start Looking For a Job
To access HuksyJobs, you first must activate your account. Here's how (if you're already activated your account, read below):
- First, click here to get to the HuskyJobs website.
- Your user name is your @uw.edu email address.
- Next, click the "forgot my password" tab to receive, via email, your temporary password. Complete your profile and change your password.
- Upload your resume(s), cover letter(s) and any unofficial transcripts.
- Return regularly!
Already activated? Simply go to www.huskyjobs.washington.edu/students to log directly into your account.
Career Connections Blog
- Take a quick look at the UW Tacoma Career Connections Blog. This is great for local opportunities in the greater Puget Sound area.
- Search for jobs and internships internationally as well as domestically using Going Global.
- Resume Samples
- Resume Tips
- Cover Letter Essentials
- Student Resources
- Workshop Requests
- Other Handouts
Ross Stores On-Campus Interviews
Deadline - April 24
Ross Stores will be on-campus on May 1 to interview candidates for their Assistant Store Manager Internship. This is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of managing a retail store for a company with a great track record of employee satisfaction.