Great Futures Scholarship and Internship Program
The University of Washington Tacoma is proud to be a Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound (BGCSPS) Great Futures partner. UWT is also proud to be the only partner who offers a 1 year scholarship as part of this combined venture through our joint Great Futures Fund.
With the overall goal of best serving UWT students who have close, past or on-going connections to the BGCSPS, this Great Futures program aims to financially support and provide practical work experience for eligible students through one program with two distinct opportunities.
Check out UW Tacoma's Great Futures Scholars in the December 2013 issue of Insight into Diversity!
Great Futures Scholarship:
The purpose of the Great Futures Scholarship is to cover tuition and standard fees for one academic year for UWT admissible BGCSPS Seniors giving preference to Youth of the Year candidates. The Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis, with Scholarship funds distributed quarterly.
- Tier 1: UWT admissible BGCSPS Youth of the Year Senior.
- Tier 2: UWT admissible Boys & Girls Club Senior.
Application: Please contact Kristin Shiplet at email@example.com
Deadline: December 1st
- Apply to the University of Washington Tacoma by December 1, 2013
- Be named as a Club Youth of the Year recipient by a local branch of BGCSPS or a qualified BGCSPS Club member who meets Club Youth of the Year standards
- Meet additional eligibility criteria as determined for admission to UW Tacoma:
- a. Complete UWT Freshman Application by December 1, 2013
- b. Submit completed FAFSA to UWT by February 28th, 2014
- c. Complete scholarship acceptance agreement by June 1, 2014
- d. Submit Enrollment Confirmation Fee by May 1, 2014
UWT and BGCSPS will select scholarship recipients from a list of qualified candidates no later than September 1st. In order to qualify for scholarship, please complete steps 3a and 3b by published deadline and notify Kristin Shiplet of your interest in the program.
Great Futures Internship:
The Great Futures Internship provides opportunities for UW-T students to perform paid public service with a BGCSPS Branch for up to 10-20 hours per week. Internships are awarded on an ongoing basis dependent on Branch needs and student availability. Students are able to renew their internship, with a preference given to students who have received the Great Futures Scholarship, those who have previously been awarded an internship, or who are Club Alumni.
Paid Wages: $10.00-$12.00 per hour
- Tier 1: UW-T Great Futures Scholars Recipient.
- Tier 2: UW-T student
Application: Please contact Lacy Ranger at firstname.lastname@example.org