Student Affairs' Guiding Principles (Mission, Vision, Values)
The Division of Student Affairs is guided by the following mission, vision and values.
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Washington Tacoma is to foster a student-centered environment which empowers students to reach their fullest potential.
In support of the University of Washington Tacoma's strategic objectives, the Division of Student Affairs will be recognized as a leader in the provision of exceptional service to students.
United through a shared vision, the Division of Student Affairs believes in:
- Intentional and Inclusive Programs and Services that contribute to, enrich, and stimulate the academic, personal and social experiences of students.
- Commitment to the Highest Standards of Professionalism that promote competent, dynamic leadership for lifelong learning.
- Holistic Development that supports growth through challenge.
- Developing Meaningful Relationships informed by Respect and Integrity that foster an inclusive environment which openly embraces and empowers the uniqueness of our community.
- Innovation by maximizing resources and seeking informed best practices in traditions and trends in Student Affairs.
You may view the Division of Student Affairs' Strategic Plan for 2012-2017 here.